Punk pop was revived wholeheartedly in 2022, while the infectious anthems have dominated TikTok. While some lead to one-hit wonders, others have lead to sensational albums. As we continue our Top 60 Albums of 2022, we see a few of the trending artists making an appearance as we hit 40-21...
40. Beth Orton – Weather Alive
A totally immersive listening experience.
39. Dolly Parton – Run, Rose, Run
Dolly never fails to deliver. We highly recommend the accompanying novel too!
38. Steps – Platinum Collection
Nobody ever predicted Steps would be cool, but they are, so just embrace it.
37. Foxes – The Kick
36. Courtney Marie Andrews – Loose Future
A polished and assured change of direction.
35. Placebo – Never Let Me Go
Dark, deep renaissance rock.
34. Solid HarmoniE - Two
The 90s has been influencing the current pop trend, but this is a real slice of 90s pop.
33. MUNA – MUNA
Anthem followed by anthem.
32. Lissie – Carving Canyons
31. Fado Bicha – OCUPAÇÃO
Fado Bicha redefine the Portuguese sound without losing its essence.
30. Pierre de Maere – Un jour, je
Pierre is ready to breakout of Belgium.
29. Little Boots – Tomorrow’s Yesterdays
Epic earworms with real heart.
28. Pale Waves – Unwanted
Pale Waves edge into poppier terrain without losing the emotion.
27. Christine & The Queens – Redcar les Adorables Étoiles
26. Avril Lavigne – Love Sux
The punk pop princess finally reclaimed her crown.
25. Panic! At The Disco – Viva Las Vengeance
Panic! fully ditch the emo pop for riotous rock.
24. Bilal Hassani – Théorème
One of France’s most unique voices showcases vulnerability in their creativity.
23. Carly Rae Jepsen – The Loneliest Time
Emotionally fizzing pop perfection.
22. Soft Cell – Happiness Not Included
Optimistic electro drama.
21. Michelle Branch – The Trouble With Fever
Michelle Branch finally finds the balance between her Country leanings and her love of synths.